Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fear

Everyone has them. Fears. The fear of death. The fear of life. The fear of the economy and everything in between. One of my fears is to have none at all. To be numb. To not feel any emotion. If I ev er get to a point where I cannot not cry, that would really put fear in me. I know Jesus said fear not. And, I am working on those abstract things that can cause fear. But, just like the original disciples of Christ I still call from the bottom of this boat called life and scream out loud, JESUS!!!!!! HELP!!!!! Because if I am to numb to cry out, I would die in this boat. Just a thought.........
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

2 comments:

...drc... said...

I'm a rather emotional person, so not being able to cry is a huge red flag for me. I spent the last half of 2006 on auto-pilot, completely numb, not realizing I needed to ask for help. When I did finally cry again I was looking at a long road of recovery due to those months of numbness. I didn't "die" in the boat, but I came close. Still, no matter how close I got, He will always be right there, ready to bring me back to this abundant life.

Steve said...

We fear. We don't trust God as we should...therefore we fear many things as you rightly have said. anyone that says they don't fear or they don't worry, is a liar.

We are sinners. God knows what and who we are. But He loves us anyway.

He died for fearful, trustless people like you and me.

I really like your blog, Pastor Randy!

Thanks!

- Steve Martin San Clemente, CA