Tuesday, July 14, 2009

memories in a box

Well, for the last few days I have been packing up my office. Wow, ten years worth of stuff. A bunch of memories that i will never let go of, well the good ones anyway :)

This weekend will be the end of the season as pastors of CPC. However, the seed, memories and lives that God touched. The memories that are in the box are...... books, pictures, plaque's, notes, meeting notes, seminar and conference notes, gifts that people gave me, etc...

Wow, I looked at that tangible stuff and began to think of the intangibles. Like the time the man walked up to me and said on my first Sunday as pastor, "Son, you have got your work cut out for ya here!" or the time that we did not have anyone to lead the "song service" so me Jimbo (on guitar), Lance (on the piano) and me (lead Singer) learned a new song or two and sang them to Jesus as he came into the place!

I remember the time a lady stood up put her fingers in her ears and said that she will NOT sing that new music!! LOL

Or the the time that Sister Helen lost her son to suicide. out of that tragedy came an amazing move of God as her whole family came to Christ.

I remember a bunch of ups and a few downs.

I remember when Jody Merrit (Evans) at the time, came into the Church with their whole family. Jody had lost her son in a tragic death. I witnessed her and her family come to Christ in a very powerful way!

I remember when I was running late for a funeral so pastor Brady and Pastor Jeff stalled until I got there in the nick of time!

Wow, I could go On and on.

How about you? Do you keep your memories in a box? I know, i know :if your memories are bigger than your vision" then you are in trouble.

I like to call the memories, "faith files".

How about you?

Do you have any faith files?

Dont keep them in a box.

No comments: