Friday, July 31, 2009

What matters the most

So, Jesus saved me 2000 years ago. I came to Him about 22 years ago.

Here I am thinking this morning about what matters the most in my life.

My House...... Nope, its just a place to sleep

My Truck...... Nope, It just gets me to and from to work to pay for the house.

My John Deere..... Nope, its just a means to cut the grass at the house

My Cell Phone..... Nope, its just a means of communication that I use instead of a stamp and letter.

Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for all of these things. But they do not matter in the big picture. If I loose them, they are replaceable.

What matters the most is.....

God - He loves me Know matter what. He will NEVER stop loving me - know matter what

My wife - 20 years of marriage, hard work, ups, downs, and love. She has stuck with me through a lot of thick and a lot of thin (on my part)

Luke - my 17 year old son... He is one of the biggest influences in my life (@earlcreps calls it reverse mentoring)

Jacob - my 11 year old son... he is the most creative kid i have EVER known. God is so gonna use him!!

My brother Rod - He is my hero

My brother Charles (who is in heaven) - He was gay, I judged him, I was wrong. I love that guy!! I know he knows that. YES HE WAS GAY, YES HE IS IN HEAVEN WITH JESUS.

My sister Kathy - She finally had the guts to do what she had to do, and she is becoming stronger for it!

My sister Karen - I am proud of her. Her and i battle some of the same issues, she is fighting back!!!!!

My Mom - The docs said she would not recover well from her massive stroke she had a few months ago. Yep she is a fighter. Yep she is recovering strong! (THEY WERE WRONG)

My Dad - He lives with us now. He was diagnosed with dementia - He is the NON LAZIEST person on earth and taught me my work ethic.

My wife's dad and step mom - They are awesome!!!!

My dogs, because they are.... well they are stupid, but I love em :)

My cat.... She is... haha... a stuck up, emotional, spoiled rotten lil girl - but I love her!

These are the things that matter to me the most

These are the things that I will invest the rest of my life in!

These are the things.... That matter the most.

What about you? Tell me what matters the most to you.

No comments: