Sunday, August 2, 2009

Speed Trap

We are all in a hurry aren't we ? We rush the kids to school. We rush to work. We rush our "slow" microwave to eat a quick meal. We rush back home. Rush, rush< rush, hurry!!!!!

I call it "The speed trap".

This afternoon is when that thought came to me. Jacob and I were taking a walk. I was just taking it slow. I noticed the leaves, the grass shavings on the road from a near by neighbor. I noticed the beautiful flowerbeds and the tall Oak Trees. As I kept walking I noticed a couple of driveways that led back to some beautiful homes that I have not seen in the six years since we had bought our house. But the most interesting thing happened next.

There is a man that lives about a mile from us. Over the last six years I have passed by him as he would be walking down the road. Well, as stated earlier, we are always in a hurry. I have passed by him hundreds of times and never got a wave back from him. I just thought he was a weird dude. When he walks he carries a tennis racket. Kinda strange, but oh well.

Today, I was caught in a speed trap. I was walking, not driving. Then, as we got down by his house, there he was! Tennis racket in hand. I thought.... uh oh! he is gonna attack me with that racket and ill have to commence a beat down :) . Instead, He smiled. He stopped and spoke. He was a very nice guy. We said a few words to each other and Jacob and i continued our walk.

Lesson? Slow down. LOOK at life while living it!. Take a walk. You might be surprised at what or who you see.

No comments: