Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I CAN'T COMPARE!

Have you ever sat and listened to someone tell their story of success? I sat and listened to a friend tell of all of their escapades and things they have done. I smiled and listened as they sipped on their starbucks and talked about money, travel and what not.
A part of me was jealous, while another part of me was sick.
Why was I wanting what they had? All of a sudden I felt like they were better than me! I mean look at me, I am just a school bus driver and I work in a grocery store.
I can't compare to them or their other friends. I don't make that kind of money and don't know if I ever will.
I guess its just something I need to get over. I guess its just me being stupid.
I did it when I pastored too. I would compare myself with other pastors. My Church with other churches, etc.
I guess I'm the proverbial kid with the "prowing" shoes wanting to ware the brand name "Nike's".
I CANNOT compare!
This is just me being real here.
Do you ever get that way? Come on be real with me!
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments: