Friday, November 28, 2008

We Are Family

Back in the day there was a family the group, Sister Sledge, sang "We are family"

Coming off of a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday, eating wayyyyy to much, I realize more this year how important family is.

I lost one of my older brothers a little over a year ago. Yesterday, I was thinking about him. As a kid I would not let him fix my plate because he had a wart on his thumb! Lol, that was too funny.

My oldest brother was the "cool" one My older sister was the one that spoiled me. My oldest sister was the one who kept us in line.

By the time I was 15, my parents divorced.

That was hard.

Caused us to be "disfuntional". Or at least that is what the world calls it.

What's cool though, is that we may be older. Less one awesome brother and my Dad may not be with us like it was, but when I am with my family (and their kids, my kids, their kid's, kid's and all of our "dysfunctions" we are still family.

Tell your family you love them.

Just a thought.....
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

No comments: